St. Louis DWI Defense Attorney
- Whether the police officer followed the correct procedures when they asked you to blow into the Preliminary Breath Test (PBT);
- Whether the police observed the proper procedures when they took you down to the station and asked you to submit to the chemical test of your breath or blood;
- Whether the police officer gave you the required time period in which to contact a lawyer before you submitted to these tests;
- Whether the police officer observed you for the proper 15 minute time period before the chemical test of your breath or blood was conducted;
- Whether the police officer who administered the test was even properly qualified to perform the test; and whether the chemical breath or blood tests were valid.
The Improper Administration of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFST).
Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus Test - (HGN)
One Leg Stand Test (OLS)
- That you sway while balancing - side to side or back and forth motion
- That you use your arms for balance - move your arms 6 inches or from the side of your body
- That you hop to maintain balance
- That you put your foot down - one or more times
Walk and Turn Test (WAT)
- That you are unable to maintain your balance while listening to the instructions
- That you start the test before the instructions are completed
- That you stop while walking - pauses for several seconds
- That you don't touch heel-to-toe - leaving a space of more than a 1/2 inch
- That you step off the line (real or imaginary) - where a foot is entirely off the line
- That you use your arms for balance - raising one or both arms more than 6 inches from the sides of your body
- That you do an improper turn - removes front foot while turning, or spins or pivots, and
- That you do not take the correct number of steps - takes more or less than 9 steps.
RANGE OF PUNISHMENT FOR
DWI AND/OR DUI CHARGES
- Up to 6 months in jail and/or a fine up to $500.00
- 8 points assessed against Driving Record.
- Up to 1 year in jail and/or a fine up to $1,000.00
- 12 points assessed against Driving Record
- Ignition Interlock.
Range of Punishment:
- Up to 4 years in Prison and/or a fine up to $5,000.00
- 12 points assessed at Driving Record.
Up to 7 years in Prison and/or a fine up to $5,000.00.
Breath Test Refusal DWI Defense Lawyer
Breath Test Refusal DWI Defense Attorney
Administrative Hearing DWI Lawyer
Administrative Hearing DWI Attorney
Underage Drinking and Driving Defense Lawyer
Underage Drinking and Driving Defense Attorney
Motorcycle DWI Defense Lawyer
Motorcycle DWI Defense Attorney
- MOTORCYCLE DWI
- Operating a Motorcycle While Intoxicated
- Driving a Motorcycle While Intoxicated
- MOTORCYCLE DUI
- Operating a Motorcycle Under the Influence of Alcohol
- Operating a Motorcycle While Under the Influence of Drugs
- Driving a Motorcycle While Under the Influence of Alcohol
- Driving a Motorcycle While Under the Influence of Drugs